- Why We Sweat
- Focal vs Generalized Hyperhidrosis>
- Cause of Focal Hyperhidrosis
- You Are Not Alone>
- Focal Hyperhidrosis - A Snapshot
- Hyperhidrosis and Quality of Life>
- Social Anxiety Disorder and Hyperhidrosis>
- Pros and Cons of Hyperhidrosis Treatments
- Excessive Sweating - Affected Regions>
- How Severe is Your Sweating Condition
- Hyperhidrosis and Children>
- Gustatory Sweating and Craniofacial Hyperhidrosis>
- Drug-induced Hyperhidrosis
- Compensatory Hyperhidrosis>
- Hyperhidrosis and Homeopathy>
- Did You Know>
- Recent Clinical Studies
- Success Stories
- DryDerm Products
- Who Should Use DryDerm Gel
- Different Strengths for Different Severities
- How to Use - Which Gel is Right for You>
- How Effective is DryDerm Gel
- How Does DryDerm Gel Work>
- How Safe is DryDerm Gel>
- Treating Palmoplantar Hyperhidrosis - DryDerm PP
- Treating Scalp/Head Hyperhidrosis - DryDerm Solution>
- DryDerm Powders>
- Hyperhidrosis Treatment Progress Toolbox
- Purchasing / Blog & More
- Normal and Brittle Nails
- Treating Brittle or Damaged Nails>
- SoftCoat - Brittle Nail Therapy>
- Nail Care - Do's and Don'ts >
- Brittle Nails? Another Condition?>
- Brittle Nails and the Elderly>
- Earwax or Cerumen>
- Understanding Earwax
- Earwax Impaction >
- Preventing Earwax Build-up & Impaction
- LiquiCera & How it Works
- How to Use LiquiCera
- Docusate - an effective earwax remover
- Self-Treating Earwax Impactions>
- LiquiCera Product Information
DryDerm Anti-Moisture & Odour Eating Powders
The Dry Pharmacist has developed two new powders to help you better manage your excessive sweating condition. Please note that these powders are not meant as alternatives to DryDerm gel. They should be used to complement your use of a gel for breakthrough excess moisture or odour problems. DryDerm powders contain only a few ingredients - just the ones that are needed. That is, zinc oxide, sodium bicarbonate and corn starch. No added preservatives or fragrances. The powders are also talc and gluten-free.
Both DryDerm powders contain 25% zinc oxide. That's a lot of zinc oxide ready for absorbing water and neutralizing odour-causing substances. A study demonstrates that zinc oxide is significantly more effective than talc - that's why DryDerm powders contains zinc oxide. In fact, zinc oxide absorbs 40% more water than corn starch*, the principle ingredient in many powders. Very few, if any, deodorant powders contain this much zinc oxide. We did a little research and could not find another powder with this much zinc oxide. See our comparative chart for details.
* Juch RD, Rufli T, Surber C. Dermatology. 1994;189(4):373-7
DryDerm Anti-moisture Powder
This powder is used to quench moisture that may persist during the day despite the use DryDerm gel. DryDerm Anti-moisture powder can be used as often as needed and by anyone with excess perspiration. Here are a few examples when DryDerm powder may be of use.
Perspiration of the feet can be difficult to treat given that the whole foot (not just the soles) will tend to perspire when confined within shoes or boots.
Can be useful for days between gel applications to control any moisture breakthrough.
Please bookmark with social media, your votes are noticed and appreciated
You may just want to use a powder for the extra protection it provides even if your excessive sweating condition is well controlled.
DryDerm Anti-moisture powder can provide relief of in mild cases of irritation you may experience with the gel.
Can be used for days that you anticipate will be more active or hectic than usual - those running-around days.
Finally, nothing stops you from using DryDerm powders on other areas of your body that may need a little cooling dry comfort – for example the groin, beneath breasts, or neck and chest areas.
DryDerm Odour-eating Powder
Also used to fight excess moisture, this powder provides the added benefit of warding off malodour. DryDerm Odour-eating powder contains tea tree oil to help neutralize the odour-causing microorganisms. This is in contrast to powders that use fragrances in attempts to cover up or mask the malodour.
For more on DryDerm powder ingredients and how they work go to our DryDerm powder ingredients page.